DIARY & LIVESTOCK EXPO | PPDL | 2019
Commencing on 5-7th July, 2019 at Expo Center Karachi
PPDL Expo is a platform which unifies the key stakeholders from Poultry, Dairy and Livestock Industry.Our objective is to attract the key stakeholders from poultry, dairy, and livestock industry, to provide them with new and enhanced business opportunities by way of interacting not only with the international and national exhibitors but also the senior dignitaries from various departments of government.
Share of Poultry, Dairy and Livestock in the Socio Economic Development:
- According to economic survey of Pakistan 2013-14, its contribution to agriculture value added is approximately 55.9 % and to national GDP is 13%.
- Nearly 8 million families involved in livestock raising deriving more than 35% income from livestock production activities.
- Livestock sector has an important role towards the development of rural economy and its importance may well be recognized from the fact that 35-40 million rural populations are dependent on livestock
- Poultry contributes 40% of meat produced in Pakistan
- Poultry sector is an important and vibrant segment of agriculture in Pakistan with a significant contribution to the national GDP (1.3%)
- In the last few years, the poultry sector has shown excellent growth and has emerged as a source of employment for more than 1.5 million people (GOP, 2014)